Piezo applications product group
Airborne ultrasonic sensors
This ultrasonic sensor will radiated ultrasonic waves in the air. Then it, receiving a reflected wave from the object, measure the distance to the presence detection and object of the object. Ultrasonic is reverberated also in the transparent objects. That means it can be applied to those that can not be detected by light. Since the method of the transmission and reception can be selected, it offers a wide sensor of applications.
Features of the ultrasonic sensors
- High sound pressures & sensitivity
- Small & lightweight
- High accuracy & reliability
- Low power consumption
- Temperature, humidity, dirt, etc. environment resistance
Functions of the ultrasonic sensors
- Space transfer of the signals
- Measurements of transfer times
- Detections of the continuous signals
- Apply of the Doppler effects
- Pulse reflection time measurement
- Measurements of Karman vortex flows
Mounting methods of the sensor
- One sensor reflection method (T/R, dual-purpose)
- Two sensor reflection method (T/R, single-purpose)
- Two sensor opposed method (T/R, single-purpose)
[Notes, T; transmitted, R; received]
- Distance measurement
- Intrusion alarm sensors
- Object counting on the belt conveyors
- Automatic opening and closing door sensors
- Proximity switch in the FA facilities
- Equipment remote control sensors
- Flow sensor of liquid or gas
- Paper double-feed detection sensors
- Fluid level sensors & Water level sensors
Placement method of the ultrasonic sensor
FUS Series / low-frequency type
FUS Series / High-frequency type
Notes on use
- The sensor has directivity. Note the mounting and direction.
- The negative terminal is connects to the case, and have been shielded. Please note the connection method. (except for the FUS-40E.)
- The sensor may be caused the noise by the impacts. Please use to holds the sensors in buffer material as foamed rubber.
- There is a possibility that the insulation resistance is lowered. Avoid DC voltage is applied for a long time.
- This sensor can not be used in water.
- For improvement, it may want to change the specifications without notice.